What makes us different
Are we a good fit for you?
Does planning your wedding excite you, but you’re not sure where to start or who to turn to? Do you appreciate the details, yet are finding it difficult to make decisions? Do you want your wedding to have thoughtfully selected design elements, but prefer to hand that over to the professionals so you can enjoy your special day with all your favorite people? Then we’re the right gals for you!
Our goal is to be your wedding planning guide, helping you make the best decisions on the factors that are important to you, whilst ensuring your guests an optimal experience. And with our signature style, we offer a personal and hands-on approach for each client. This helps us cultivate genuine relationships with our clients. As your personal wedding planning expert, you can count on us to be transparent, calm, compassionate, hands-on and professional throughout your entire planning process.
Meet Our Team
of Austin Wedding Planners
Founder & Senior Planner
As the founder of Uptown Events and J.Upton Travel, Jessica Upton provides strategic vision and innovative direction to ensure every celebratory occasion is perfectly executed.
Whether orchestrating elegant weddings or designing multi destination itineraries, Jessica’s ‘high touch’ approach showcases her creative ideas and intuitive management of logistics.
Her well-honed stylistic eye and impeccable attention to detail is why Uptown Events is continuously a preferred partner for many of the greater Austin areas’ elite event venues.
Jessica lovingly and carefully plans together with her couples to ensure their wedding is a thoughtfully planned event that radiates a true reflection of the couple, and provides their guests with an exceptional & unforgettable experience.
Jamie Martin joined the Uptown team in 2020. With cherished experience at one of Austin’s top catering companies, a passion and robust knowledge of all things wedding stationery, and energetic personality, she is quickly becoming one of Austin’s best wedding planners. Jamie’s positive perspective coupled with her intuitive analytic skills makes her a prized asset to Uptown clients.
Alana joins our team with experience running one of Austin’s top wedding venues. Alana is a hard worker who loves to sprinkle in some fun throughout the planning process. With her wealth of catering knowledge & problem-solving skills, she is ready to handle each facet of your big day with grace & style.
Uptown Events newest planner, Stephanie Alarcon, has a trained eye for design, putting her 5 years as an Interior Designer to great use. After college Stephanie interned for a local wedding planning company and worked for a high end caterer, before becoming a Designer. She’s since come back to her roots to help couples create a beautiful and memorable wedding experience. Her clients love her positive and determined nature.
Annabelle Murray is an organizational guru and all around amazing team assistant. She’s who will respond to your email when you first reach out, and she very well may be onsite the day of your wedding! Annabelle has her hands in everything from drafting contracts and refining weekend timelines, to assisting with hotel room blocks and helping curate design boards. Our team is able to take the well known care of our clients, thanks to the support from this lovely lady.
Our Favorite Things
- Crisp white decor- my home is filled with a white couch, white subway tile, white cabinets, white bed, white towels, the list goes on!
- Modern coastal design- I grew up on the Texas gulf coast, so it’s where I feel most at home. I love decorating with subtle touches of marine inspired pieces like oyster shells and driftwood
- I can’t live without tacos!
- Traveling, it refuels my soul
- Candles, candles, & more candles (anything clean & fresh scented is my favorite!)
- Any crafts I can get my hands on- knitting, painting, you name it and it’s all over my apartment
- Coffee with loved ones is always the perfect way to unwind and connect (but I’m also happy to swap that for margaritas!)
- A good book with a hot cup of tea
- The next great drama on Netflix
- My friends and family
- Working out is my biggest passion/hobby! I feel my best, both mentally and physically, after getting my daily dose of spin & lagree
- I love fashion and interior design. Both are my inspiration and guilty pleasure!
- Self care! In my case a mani pedi, nice bath, fun hair appointment, or good massage will go a long way
- All outdoor activities — hiking, biking trails, kayaking, or floating the river. This is my favorite way to recharge!
- Eating good food. I want it all & I never want to have food regrets
- Good design – no matter what it is…weddings, architecture, interiors, furniture, down to the smallest things like tape, sponges, or pens. Lifestyle is important & I like everything around me to be visually appealing, simplified, organized, & slightly funky