When I was a little girl, anytime someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, without hesitation, (plot twist) a doctor. Without giving real thought about why I wanted to be a doctor, I ran straight toward that direction. I took every right step, and that led me to my first hospital internship. After completing it, I realized, this is just not for me. I feel too deeply to be able to go home at night and sleep well. After discussing what I wanted to do with my life with my counselor, I was at a loss. I never thought about a plan B. She asked me, why did you want to be a doctor? I wanted to help people and make them happy. Well, sometimes that looks a little different than what you thought it would look like. I took an internship at my local mall doing Marketing and events. It was such a breath of fresh air. I planned community events and loved seeing families enjoying what I created.
I grew up in a small town in Las Cruces, New Mexico. After my internship ended, I was hooked and wanted to explore more options. My next internship took me to planning concerts! During my time there I was able to help with two major concerts, Puddle of Mudd, and Rob Zombie. It was interesting, and I learned a lot, but also decided, that area was not for me.
Next, I searched my little town for event planners. I found them! Helping Hands Events. I met with them and instantly loved being a part of a team. After a few years and countless events, I decided at 21 I had made it to the top of what my little town could offer. I set my sights on Austin, Texas. After looking for internships, I took one as a planner. My first day was magical. Florals draped the wall of the tent and hung from the ceiling. At the end of the night, fireworks sparked the skies over Lake Travis. As the bride and groom happily made their way through the sparkler exit, I knew I had found my calling.
I absolutely love my job. There is no simpler way to put it. I make people happy and aid them in one of the most special days of their life. It’s all I ever asked for and I am grateful.
Things that make me happy:
- Being creative- I love painting, decorating, designing all of it!
- I can’t live without Starbucks, Cinnamon Dulce Latte with sweet cream cold foam (Try it, it will change your life)
- I love packaging! Am I weird? I love the experience a brand gives you with packaging
- Exploring-whether its a new trail, new side of town, or a new food
- I am always listening to podcasts! They are the best thing to ever happen to me (besides my baby)
As your wedding planner:
- I will alway tell you when something is in your teeth
- I will always be you advocate
- Your wedding is as important to me as it is to you!